Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mario: All Done Up


I made up my Mario bookmark a couple of nights ago.  I didn't quite know what to do so I decided to just use some felt I had laying around.  Used hot glue to attach the canvas to the felt.  Then used pinking shears to trim the edges.  Unfortunately, when I started to trim I realized the pinking shears I had were right-handed only (I'm a southpaw).  So my boyfriend ended up doing the cutting, but that's ok since the bookmark was for him anyway.  He loves it.

In other news, my surprise draw is tomorrow!  There's still time to enter.  Just go to this post and leave a comment.  Nothing to it.  The contest will be open to new entrents until I do the actually drawing around 7 PM EST.  I'll be posting the name of the winner and pictures of their prize tomorrow evening along with some pictures of my progress on Nursery Rhyme Sampler (don't get too excited, it's not much) so make sure you stop by again.  Yay!

12 comments:

  1. That's cute! I don't cross stitch as much as I used to because I don't always know what to do with all the finished projects. A book mark is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica. I sometimes have trouble figuring out how I want to finish things to. Focus on Finishing: http://focusonfinishing.wordpress.com/about/ has some great ideas and tutorials though.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful gift! He'll think of you every time he sees it! What a great idea to trim the felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. I wanted a little bit of a border, but I didn't want it to be too plain.

      Delete
  3. So cute! 8 bit looks good in crosses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bookmark turned out great! I can't wait to see what you stitch next :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your artwork and follow you pots this very minute!
    ดูหนังผี

    ReplyDelete

It always makes me happy to hear from you.